It’s no secret that pop-country superstar Taylor Swift is famous for her themed song writing concerning breakups and general lovesickness. For her, it’s as if the theme is super-sized and mega-adaptable, fitting seamlessly into all types of beats and styles alongside the standard painful lyrical prose.

With the release of her latest single, the moody yet wordy “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” which knocked Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” out of the spot for largest digital song debut by a female artist with 623,000 downloads, Swift is again asserting her position as this decade’s resident heartache heroine. Even though her fourth studio album “Red” won’t be released until Oct. 22, here’s a list of five of her most angry yet sad, happy yet regretful, ultimately girl-powered breakup anthems:

1. “Back To December” (from 2010’s “Speak Now”)

Who it’s about: Hunky “Twilight” werewolf Taylor Lautner is (well, reportedly) the inspiration for Swift’s “apology.”

What’s the style: A slow, twangy ballad with mournful vocal style, Swift laments her relationship woes in slow, pained lines.

How it’s visualized: Full of cold weather and snow-crunching metaphors of the heart, the music video features Swift wandering broodily throughout her darkened abode.

2. “Picture To Burn” (from 2008’s “Taylor Swift”)

Who it’s about: Lashing out at a sleazy ex-boyfriend and all of his less-than-desirable traits, T. Swizzle sings the ultimate send-off.

What’s the style: This rollicking track features Swift’s earlier, more country-twanged chops.

How it’s visualized: Complete with black leather and pyrotechnics, this breaking-and-entering how-to is straight out of the bitter ex-girlfriend’s guide to dream revenge tactics.

3. “White Horse” (from 2009’s “Fearless”)

Who it’s about: With the picturesque “Prince Charming” character as her girlhood fantasy, Swift laments her loss of what she thought was her very own version.

What’s the style: Slow and drawling with simple guitar picks fit the sad yet relaxed mood of this single.

How it’s visualized: Rainy windowpanes and periodic flashbacks of cuteness (alongside MTV reality show “Laguna Beach” resident heartbreaker Stephen Colletti) invade Swift’s mind as she sits and reflects on what could have been.

4. “The Story of Us” (from 2010’s “Speak Now”)

Who it’s about: Singer/songwriter (and well-publicized womanizer) John Mayer serves as the muse for both this track and the aptly titled “Dear John”.

What’s the style: Upbeat and peppy, the pessimistic theme is easily disguised as the ultimate girly-girl car jam.

How it’s visualized: Set in a library, Swift and her hipster glasses regale a past boyfriend with more charisma and zeal than many of her other videos.

5. “Should’ve Said No” (from 2008’s “Taylor Swift”)

Who it’s about: A cheating boyfriend is blasted in this adolescent ode to teenage animosity.

What’s the style: Similar to “Picture To Burn,” the heavier guitars and fiddle make for a more country-fied breakup anthem, with Swift’s lyrics more angry and vengeful than the rest.

How it’s visualized: In a live performance from the 2008 Academy of Country Music Awards, Swift powers through the song, at one point stamping out the lyrics under a waterfall.

Even though many music listeners get annoyed with the consistent theme of Swift’s songs, it’s undeniable that girlfriend knows her stuff. Sure, she may repeatedly get herself into situations that call for heartbreak, but who are we to judge? She’s a successful singer/songwriter with legions of fans all over the world who absolutely idolize her for becoming a voice to guide them through their own adolescent years of tear-filled romances. So if Swift wants to continue writing the same old no. 1 on the Billboard charts break-up anthem, then let her! Because we are never, ever, ever going to be able to stop listening anyway — like, ever.