Wiz Khalifa, with the help of K Camp, is bringing the rap game to Gainesville in honor of Black History Month.

The two will perform Thursday at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for the 7:30 p.m. show.

Each performer will do a one-hour set, said Dillon Knox, the comptroller for Student Government Productions.

Knox said, usually, SGP concerts are almost sold out or are entirely sold out the day of the performance. The concert, starring Wiz Khalifa, was sold out by Feb. 4, a week prior to the date of the event.

“A week before the event to be sold out is a very big feat,” Knox said. “It is something we are proud of.”

SGP and Black History Month, a Black Student Union committee, partnered up to bring both artists to UF. The featured artists are chosen through a compromise between SGP and BHM, Knox said.

“We ended up being to work together to agree on Wiz Khalifa and K Camp as two people we would really want to bring that we thought the students would really enjoy,” Knox said.

This is not the first time Wiz Khalifa and K Camp have collaborated. K Camp was featured on “Cabin Fever 3,” Wiz Khalifa’s mixtape, released via Soundcloud. In 2015, Wiz Khalifa was nominated for multiple awards for his song “See You Again,” which was featured in the movie “Fast & Furious 7,” according to his website.

Chelsea Ogugua, the assistant director of BHM, said it is a tradition to have a musical performance that features African-American artists. The concert usually has an opening act preceded by the headlining performer. Although Wiz Khalifa was not on the original list of possible opening acts, he is still very much a relevant artist, as exemplified through his new self-titled album, Ogugua said.

This concert is a part of a larger campus-wide celebration of Black History Month, with events throughout February.

“It is one of our most popular events because it’s a concert, and everyone loves music,” Ogugua said. “Everyone loves to go to concerts.”

Trisha Bernardin, an 18-year-old UF sociology freshman, said she is attending the concert and is excited to see K Camp perform.

K Camp’s sound is unique and has good energy, Bernardin said. He was popular over the summer, and it reminds her of that time.

Tomisha Goater, a 21-year-old UF economics sophomore, said she will be attending the event and likes Wiz Khalifa’s songs, including the throwback “Roll Up.” She purchased a ticket for $10 and said that the price was reasonable with a student budget.

“I think it was really convenient, especially since he is such a popular artist,” Goater said.

Phillip Wells, 21, the president of the Black Student Union, said Wiz Khalifa and K Camp represent an effort to appeal to students and the community by bringing bring current, relevant artists.

“That’s why we have the opening artist being K Camp; he is new and up-and-coming and we have Wiz Khalifa who has made his mark in the industry, and people know him,” Wells said.

He said the concert does not represent all of black history, yet serves as an important symbol.

“It is black entertainment, which is very important to our culture and our historical significance,” Wells said.