The Atlantic will bring supernatural sensation “Stranger Things” to Gainesville on Friday night. Prepare to meet plenty of Barbs and Elevens as series enthusiasts hit the downtown venue for an ’80s jam session and costume party.

“Stranger Things” is a web series currently streaming on Netflix. The eight-episode science-fiction thriller chronicles the mysterious disappearance of a 12-year-old boy and his friends’ and family’s adventure to find him. The show heavily references ’80s popular culture, and Friday’s event will reflect that.

“We had been tossing the idea around for a bit,” said Thomas Rankine, the promotions and talent director at the Atlantic. “One of our local DJs, Stephen Tierney, approached us about the same idea, and it kind of snowballed from there.”

The Atlantic, a popular downtown event venue, is known for its themed dance parties. Previous events the place has hosted include Bey Day, a tribute to Beyonce; Zombieville, a night dedicated to the undead, and a ’90s dance party.

Friday’s event will feature DJ Tierney and DJ Cameron. Guests will have the chance to enter a costume contest for a $25 cash prize and enjoy drink specials throughout the night. Tierney, who also helped coordinate the event, hinted at other surprises in store for guests.

“I don’t want to give too much away,” he said. “You’ll just have to come see for yourself.”

The party will carry over to the Arcade Bar, where guests can jam to ’70s and ’80s goth tunes from DJ Blonde Ambition. There will be no cover for those 21 and older.

Although the night is dedicated to “Stranger Things,” Rankine and Tierney encourage everyone, no matter if they are fans, to come out for an “epic” party.

Doors will open Friday at 10 p.m., but Rankine said he expects a big turnout and advises anyone attending to arrive early. Tickets are $5, and those 18 and older are welcome.