As usual, there is a lull in awesome TV during the summer. But we've put together a list of summer shows that will hold you over until Thursday nights on NBC return!

Wilfred

This Australian-adapted comedy, much like "The Office," centers on a depressed ex-lawyer named Ryan, played by Elijah Wood, who seems to be the only one who can see one thing others cannot: a man dressed in a large gray dog costume.

To the world, this middle-aged, costumed man is seen as an average dog who receives general greetings of, "Who's my little man?" while Ryan only sees a grumpy smoker who utters a cheerful "piss off" in response. However crude Wilfred seems to be, he teaches Ryan how to be a man again, and they embark on a hilariously unfortunate journey through life's woes.

Wilfred premiered June 23 and broadcasts on Thursdays at 10 p.m. on FX.

Misfits

This show epitomizes British teenage drama with a twist. A freak lightning storm hits a community center where five teenagers are fulfilling community service sentences, giving them superpowers.

As cliché as it sounds, the TV series offers more to the imagination than you might think. Many have called it a blend of "Skins" and "Heroes."

The highly appraised dramedy is now available for U.S. viewers on hulu.com.

Falling Skies

With "Super 8" exceeding expectations, Steven Spielberg plans on dropping another creative project for America's viewing pleasure. Set in a post-alien invasion time period, a group of survivors band together to battle the invading predators. Led by an ex-military history professor, the group faces the hardships of the human fight for existence.

"Falling Skies" premiered on June 19 and broadcasts on Sundays at 10 p.m. on TNT.