UF cornerback Markihe Anderson practiced Wednesday and should start Saturday against Troy, Coach Urban Meyer said.

Meyer said Anderson, who is recovering from a sprained right knee, was "tentative" but able to practice fully.

Anderson did not play in UF's Sept. 1 opener against Western Kentucky.

The Gators need to get Anderson back, not only for some playing time before the team's matchup with Tennessee next week, but for depth as well. Fellow cornerback Markus Manson will sit out Saturday's game with a sprained ankle.

Anderson's return should drop sophomore Wondy Pierre-Louis out of the starting lineup.

On offense, wide receiver Percy Harvin is dealing with tendonitis in his Achilles tendon, but he should be OK for Saturday.

Meyer said Harvin practiced "on and off" Wednesday, but the coach doesn't plan to hold him back against Troy.

"Not if he can go," Meyer said. "He'll be able to go."

Though Meyer talked Monday about using Harvin on kickoff returns this season, the coach said he does not plan to use the speedy sophomore in that role against Troy.

GOOD NEWS FOR BROWN: Meyer said the NCAA Clearinghouse is closer to academically qualifying freshman defensive tackle John Brown.

"It's getting positive," Meyer said. "We should hear something real soon. It's positive from the feedback we're getting right now."

Brown last practiced on Aug. 20, taking advantage of a two-week grace period granted by the NCAA.