Ah, Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for the holiday you can't screw up. There's no need to fret about finding the perfect gift for your mom or someone hot to kiss at midnight. It's socially acceptable to eat so much pie that you can't get up from the table. Here's what I'm thankful this year:

1. Billy Donovan's morning-after regret about getting in bed with the Orlando Magic. He's atoned for his indiscretion by leading our mostly freshman team back into the Top 25.

2. The powers that be have officially recognized UF's status as Top Dog. I'm talking about CollegeHumor.com's No. 2 nod and Playboy featuring girls from Florida in its "Girls of the SEC" issue in September. One of the girls lives near my boyfriend - he's definitely grateful.

3. Prices around campus are still low for tuition, football tickets, presidential salaries … oops, maybe scratch that last one.

4. Accent. This semester's lineup of notable speakers, which Accent chairman Steven Blank called "electrifying," has certainly engaged the campus in widespread debate. I can only hope next semester will be as exciting.

5. Gainesville liberals. Through student and resident activism, more voices than ever are telling the UF administration how they feel about issues including police brutality and graduate-student rights. Some individuals will always cross the line of decorum, but it's better to err on the side of more communication than less.

6. Library hours that will be extended even longer than they were last exam season. Maybe if we pack Library West during the first two weeks in December, Student Government could make a case for keeping some libraries in business late at night on a regular basis. If the gym is open late on certain days, then popular libraries should be, too.

7. Tim Tebow. Period.

8. The fact that all of my classes are canceled today. Unlike the few poor souls stuck on campus reading this, I'm home, feeling guilt-free about skipping classes, and making and eating pies. Maybe next year UF will allow all students to do the same.

Leigh Shapiro is a junior majoring in economics. She is a member of the editorial board.