Congratulations, Alligator! You've once again proved your ignorance and close-mindedness.

Firstly, you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word "concealed," as you wrote, "how would anyone know if a mentally ill shooter were on campus if everyone had a gun on his or her hip?"

Though I feel like I'm explaining this to a 10-year-old, concealed means the weapons are not visible. That means eligible students would carry their licensed weapons without anyone knowing, not out in the open as you wrongly depicted.

Also, you list the requirements for having a concealed weapon but must not understand those either, as people over the age of 21 with government background checks and firearm training will certainly not brandish their weapon just because a building is being evacuated, even if your deluded daydreams suggest otherwise. When you look at the Virginia Tech tragedy, it is true that 30 of the 32 victims were killed after police responded, so obviously that is one real situation where a concealed weapon could have made a huge difference, which greatly outweighs your highly speculative situation of someone possibly shooting the kid who brought a gun to SFCC.

I'm all for peace, but I think you need to sit down, review the facts and base a decision on those facts, and not write based on ignorance and overactive imaginations.