UF center Marreese Speights has decided to enter his name in the NBA Draft, but he has not hired an agent.

By not hiring an agent to represent him, the St. Petersburg native has the option to return to school for his junior year.

"Marreese has informed me that he would like to explore his future options in the NBA," coach Billy Donovan said in a released statement. "I will do whatever I can to help Marreese gather all necessary information to make an educated decision."

Regina Glenn-Speights, his mother, said that she had not spoken with her son Tuesday afternoon because she had been working. Nevertheless, they had discussed his future since UF's loss in the National Invitation Tournament semifinals last week.

"He'll go if he's in the first round," she said.

She paused for a moment on the phone to confirm with Speights' brother, Wilbur.

"If he was a lottery pick," he said in the background.

ESPN.com currently projects Speights as a lottery pick at No. 13 and the No. 4 center overall.

He finished his sophomore season leading the Gators in rebounds (8.1 per game), double-doubles (10) and blocked shots (49). He finished the year strong by averaging 17.3 points and 8.8 rebounds while hitting 65.9 percent from the floor over UF's final eight games.

If Speights was selected as a lottery pick, he would join only six other players in school history to do so, including last year's trio of Al Horford (No. 3), Corey Brewer (No. 7) and Joakim Noah (No. 9).

"I told him it's up to him, what he wants to do because it's his future. We'll be behind him 110 percent," Regina said. "It's a big step."

His mother also said that Speights plans on earning his degree whether or not he decides to leave early.