If you're anything like us, then you sprint toward the door the second lecture ends to make it back to your apartment in time for Comedy Central's midday hour of "Scrubs." We can't blame you for rushing home so you can attempt to memorize Dr. Cox's obnoxiously long-winded retorts.

Starting next week you may have to fight your addiction because the Gainesville Police Department is cracking down on those of you who cheat your way across the street in defiance of the "Do Not Walk" sign.

Even though we've grown so accustomed to our afternoon couch-potato routine, we're going to have to leave our track shoes at home after this weekend. So will you if you have to cross Southwest 13th Street or West University Avenue on your way home.

Sorry if you disagree, but watching "Scrubs" reruns for the billionth time is not worth getting nabbed for a $50 jaywalking ticket. From now on, we'll just have to pace ourselves.

We'll impatiently mash those chrome circles a hundred times per second hoping to speed up the stoplight's cycle just enough so we can still make it home in time to catch J.D. hanging up the title X-ray.

For those high and mighty drivers snickering at the walkers, don't be so quick to chuckle. Sure, we'll get ticketed for crossing at the wrong time, but if you guys try to cut us off in hopes of crushing our sitcom dreams, your wallet will become the recipient of a vicious kick to the face: a $144 Jet Li roundhouse to the snout, to be exact.

So, starting next week we'll be sneaking out a bit early or sleeping just a bit too late to make it all the way to Weimer Hall. That, or we could always get DVR.