When I read Andrew Fells' Wednesday column about sticking to his conservative values, I was surprised to find that I agreed with nearly everything he said. I also want a president who values the Constitution, which is a document Republicans have been using as a snot rag for eight years. Obama, a Constitutional lawyer, will protect the Constitution and everything it stands for.

I agree that small government is good government. This is why I am vexed by things like the Department of Homeland Security, which as far as I can tell only exists to whittle away at my rights.

It is also why the irresponsible and disastrous deregulation that has transpired under Republican rule, which is now resulting in enormous federal bank and insurer bail-outs, makes me sick.

I also believe in personal accountability, which is why I despise people who have lied to the nation about an unnecessary war, told us that Obama wants to teach kindergartners sexual education or said the economy is doing just fine.

John McCain has been involved in all of these lies.

I am going to vote Democrat because I care about the future of America.