Your first date with someone is incredibly important. It determines the outcome of the relationship. They say first impressions are everything, and hopefully your first date ends well with no walk of shame (see last week's article).

You've got plenty to worry about: What will you say? Will there be awkward silences? Does he/she really like me, or is he/she just looking to get some action? Freaking out is natural, but I'm here to help a bit. I can't assure that you'll be perfectly eloquent or promise you won't get a huge zit on the night of the date, but I can help make sure that you look perfect.

My note to everyone, girls and boys: Be comfortable and be yourself. That is the most important thing. Also, don't wear anything that's two sizes too small - trust me, your date will notice in a bad way.

For girls I think a dress is the safest and most classic choice to wear on your date. A dress ensures you look nice, but not too nice, while still giving the impression that you put more than minimal effort into your outfit.

In Florida you can pretty much always get away with a dress, and on those "cold" days just grab a cute cardigan.

Jeans and a nice shirt is another safe bet, but I find it plain and overused. If you have an amazing butt, then go ahead and wear the jeans. You always want to wear what looks best on you and show off your best assets.

My favorite outfit to see a guy in is pants and a nice shirt. It doesn't have to be a button-up (sometimes that's a little fancy), but a nice pair of pants and a polo comes off as classy.

Some of you guys look like the ultimate tool in pants and a polo, and I understand that because my brother is one of them. In that case, wear something a little more casual, like a graphic T-shirt. Just pick one that doesn't look like you got it for free or you stole it from your high school mascot.

That's my advice on your first-date outfit. Whatever you wear, be comfortable and confident. Good luck with the first date, though, with the right outfit, you probably won't need it.