Yes, I am one of those people pestering you as you walk to class. And yes, I see the look on your face as I approach you - it translates roughly to, "Not again! Why won't you leave me alone?" - excluding profanities, of course.

I'm sorry if I'm the 27th person today to ask you if you're registered to vote, and I feel truly bad when I come up to you multiple times, not remembering I've spoken to you. Cut me a little slack; I talk to hundreds of people a day.

As annoying as I know you find me and as hard as it is to be that annoying, I won't stop - and I'll tell you why. Yesterday I encountered two people who had never registered to vote. They both meant to but never seemed to get around to it and were grateful I was there to help them register. These people, who were six days away from putting it off so long that they relinquished their ability to vote in this election, are the reason I will continue to do this. There is a reason behind the annoyance, and like it or not, we're here to stay. Take heart; There are only five days left. After that, you won't have to see me or my clipboard anymore, and people like those I met today will be out of luck unless we get to them first.