Fill void in your NCAA Tournament watching with our podcast, soccer, archives

Welcome to the worst three days of March Madness.

From Thursday to Sunday, you were treated to non-stop basketball. There were plenty of close games, upsets and late heroics, giving you a reason to skip class and put off everything else.

You could even watch games live on your computer, a tactic I saw masterfully orchestrated by a few guys in one of my classes Friday. They had all the current games streaming at once (though one of the guys had to close out of a few Web sites mom wouldn't be proud of first).

Anyway, as you trudge through this week toward the next round of games on Thursday, let me give you a few things to occupy your time.

First off, check out our podcast. It's available on iTunes (search "alligatorSports Podcast") and usually runs anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes.

You can subscribe to it, load it on your iPod and fill your previously boring bus rides with our banter on all things sports - like who belongs on the Mount Rushmore of Gators athletics, a college football playoff and general updates and discussions on all UF teams.

In two new segments, we'll dish out our Reggie Nelson Awards for Excellence in the Field of Sport and Kyle Jackson Bad Angles of the Week, and at the end, we'll give you an idea of what you can buy off your TV at the ungodly hour of the morning that we finish the podcast (last week it was 3:13 a.m., and I'm ashamed of my level of knowledge about what they were selling).

I can't guarantee you'll agree with anything we say, but I promise we'll live up to our new motto: "The alligatorSports Podcast: Maybe it sucks, but it still sounds better than Deadspin's."

Speaking of time-wasters that have gone from boring to semi-interesting, check out the MLS.

That's right, American soccer.

The MLS season got underway last week, and I'm going to give it a chance. The season runs through November, filling a big gap in my sports calendar between college hoops and football, and I've pledged my allegiance to the newly formed Seattle Sounders.

They sold out their first game, a 3-0 win, and will host the MLS Cup after selling 20,000 season tickets before their first game.

And now, the best time-waster I can offer you. Remember UF safety Tony Joiner's run-in at a Gainesville tow lot in 2007? Well, that provoked the greatest production in Alligator history, check it out here.

Some of them are inappropriate and/or offensive, but most of them are hilarious. They range from poking fun at a few football players to references of Rhett Bomar, Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje, the Hills, Hope Solo, Mel Gibson, Arrested Development and Seinfeld.

One of my favorite comments, near the bottom, is from "Richard Belding" and states "What the hell is going on here?"

Since most of the comments came within minutes of each other, it looks like a few friends were responsible for them. Reading it should kill half an hour, and if you know who it was, e-mail me because these heroes need to be recognized for their effort.

If none of my ideas keep you occupied, I guess you can watch NIT games - if you're into that sort of thing.