About 300 Air Force, Marine Corps, Army and Navy ROTC cadets marched past their reviewing officer in UF's ROTC Joint Service Pass-in-Review Thursday.

UF administrators, friends and family watched from under a white canopy as cadets marched to the beat of a three-membered band.

It's the only thing done at UF that incorporates all the branches of ROTC, said Phillip Fischer, event spokesman.

UF is one of only 38 schools in the U.S. that has all four branches of the military. About 100 people attended the ceremony.

Additionally, retired Cpl. Duane E. Dewey was recognized as one of 97 living recipients of the Medal of Honor and only one of nine in Florida.

After the ceremony, many of the cadets hurried to salute and shake hands with Dewey and other high-ranking officers.

Some cadets stopped to take pictures with their family and friends who came out to watch the review.

UF employee Cindy Bryant came to support her husband, Brad Bryant, a cadet commander in Air Force ROTC.

"It's kind of sad because my husband is graduating," she said.

"This is kind of the last big thing before his commissioning."

Dewey, who lives in Alachua County, said he was proud of the cadets.

"It's great to be here and watch all the troops," he said. "They did a great job out there."