Sunday, June 16, 2024

While wondering what midtown bar you should visit on Friday evening remains a bigger Gainesville no-brainer than taking an online course, pondering where to move post-college could be deemed almost unanswerable.

From the co-creator of Flikr comes a new Web site bound to provide sound responses to even your most trying questions.

Enter Hunch.com, stage left.

Once you and Hunch become acquainted over a proverbial whiskey or two (aka a series of 20 questions), the site offers help in answering pressing questions such as what type of car you should purchase.

The Editorial Board gave the site a whirl and had our Opinions Editor determine where he should go on vacation, conveniently disregarding the fact he is currently drowning in a sea of graduate school debt.

After making a few responses to indicate certain criteria he enjoys (alcohol, unfortunately, was not an option), Hunch recommended taking a trip to Chicago. Interestingly enough, he plans on taking a trip to Chicago come August, so perhaps, dare we say, Hunch is on to something.

Let's be frank for a second. The site in no way should be used to determine whether you should accept your college boyfriend's marriage proposal. Hell, guest columnist Matthew Meltzer should have handled that decision for you. Nonetheless, Hunch offers a refreshing distraction from the oh-so-stale Web site rotation of Facebook, Twitter and The New York Times.