Break up boredom in the bedroom.

A friend once said to me that being with the same person for a while feels like eating chicken for dinner every single night. Sure, she may think about steak while she's at work. Sure, she may contemplate giving in to her cravings for that enticing slice of pizza after a drunken night at the bars. At the end of the day though, she must come home to that trusty piece of chicken.

All food references aside, the point is that sex with the same person can get a little monotonous after a while. The initial attraction and excitement that boiled in the beginning is now down to a simmer. You've already discovered every part of each other's bodies, and you know exactly what positions will get the job done.

Besides the whole obvious reproducing aspect, sex is meant to be passionate and fresh, a way to communicate with your partner in a manner that only the two of you can experience. How much communication can happen in a two-minute fit of thrusting that ends in both of you turning your separate ways and falling asleep?

Don't worry if this sounds all too familiar. There are easy fixes, and the first one is called Victoria's Secret.

For women, slipping into a racy outfit that molds to your body and accentuates your curves will bring out your most powerful weapon in bed- confidence. Lingerie allows you to feel sexy and present yourself to your man like a gift. Don't be intimidated by the hefty purchase; the image you'll leave in his mind will be worth replacing a few meals with Ramen noodles.

If you want to go a cheaper route, teasing is a great way to spice up your sex life. Send her a text while she's in class detailing your favorite parts of last night or give him a preview before he goes to work of what he's going to get when he comes home. The forbidden feeling will drive you both crazy all day, making sex that much better all night.

Even a change of scenery is always nice; sex does not need to be limited to the bed. Surprise your partner by jumping into a shower together. If you are sick of the bedroom, try the kitchen. Just be sure to sanitize it after for your roommate's sake.

Finally, let loose. Say what you are thinking and do what you want to do. Role play, try different positions, and don't be afraid to get loud and kinky. Even bring out some wine, as long as the liquid courage doesn't result in a screaming match or cry fest.

Consider sex as an art in which you can express yourself and just relax and let passion lead the way.

After all, aren't there a thousand different ways to cook a piece of chicken?