"Mystery Team" is the story of three high school virgins stuck as their 7-year-old Encyclopedia Brown-type personalities. Kind of like my life, but with actual cases to solve and not just wishful thinking. The three friends ride matching bikes and harass 6-year-olds. In fact, they get in trouble for forcefully removing a kid from the playground and teaching him a lesson about putting his fingers in things.

The mystery team has three members. Donald Glover plays Jason. His disguises usually include a variation of fake mustaches, and they don't fool anyone, ever. D.C. Pierson plays Duncan, the boy genius whose knowledge is limited to what he learned from reading "1001 Wacky Facts." And Dominic Dierkes plays Charlie, the world's strongest boy. He's the dim-witted one who likes to take his clothes off for no reason and proclaim, "You smell like my dad," when he smells alcohol.

The movie's shtick is the boys' innocence against the cynicism of a cruel, dark world. Even when a girl asks them to solve the murder of her parents, they approach it with the same naivety they would a case of a missing red bicycle. Kind of like a party on its second keg, this is where the real fun begins.

The boys follow a lead to a "gentlemen's" club where they think they have to act like sophisticated men to gain entry, so they dress up in tails and top hats. In order to prove they are real detectives, they need to recover a stolen ring off of a suspect who, let's just say, likes to get "handsy" with strippers (Who doesn't?). The ring ends up in a full toilet, and the world's smartest boy ends up elbow deep in God knows what.

The movie's luster lies in the subtle, subdued comedic timing of its actors and some witty dialogue.

Lowbrow, crude and shocking, it's everything you wanted in a film but were too afraid to ask for. This is the kind of film that your parents will hate. This film is like the boy your grandmother warned would try to take off your bra while he was kissing you. It comes at you quick and smooth, and before you know it, you're in love. I said it, I love this movie.

"Mystery Team" was made by Derrick Comedy, the New York University grads and YouTube sensations. For a taste, look up "Dickmento," a "Memento" parody, on YouTube.

The film was shot in lengthy sequences, which can make it feel a bit drawn out at times. But the plot-driven story moves at a brisk pace, and the premise doesn't wear thin. There are some notable cameos in the film because some members of the troupe have high-profile jobs (Glover is a writer for "30 Rock").

"Mystery Team" is genuinely and consistently funny with fresh ideas and some promising young actors. If they continue to produce such consistently entertaining material, you will be hearing a lot more about these actors in the days to come. I had the honor of meeting the boy genius in person (he's cool and laid-back) as well as the director of the film at Regal Cinemas 14, and they were very genial in the 45 seconds we spoke.