JACKSONVILLE - Urban Meyer didn't need to call any timeouts to drive his point home this time.

No. 1 Florida rolled over Georgia 41-17 on Saturday in Jacksonville Municipal Stadium, cutting the crowd of 84,604 in half as the fourth quarter drew to a close. It was a redemptive performance for the Gators (8-0, 6-0 Southeastern Conference) after underwhelming displays against Arkansas and Mississippi State the last two weeks.

"We were undefeated, we just didn't feel like we had played up to our potential yet," linebacker Brandon Spikes said. "We came out and did a great job today."

UF quarterback Tim Tebow returned to his normal form, completing 15 of 21 passes for 164 yards and two touchdowns. He was also the game's top rusher, gaining 85 yards and two touchdowns on 18 carries.

His first score, a 23-yard dash up the middle, broke UGA legend Herschel Walker's SEC record for career rushing TDs, a mark even Tebow had to pause and take notice of.

On his way back to the sideline, Tebow asked an official for the game ball, which he said was the first time he has made such a request.

"It's a great record," Tebow said. "It's very humbling, and I think it will be even more rewarding the further I get away from college and the longer I live, just because Herschel owned that record. It will mean a lot."

Tebow bolstered his chances for a second Heisman Trophy, spreading the ball to six different receivers and converting five third-down attempts with his legs.

Wideout Riley Cooper was the standout receiver with four catches for 78 yards and two touchdowns, including a diving, one-handed grab for a 29-yard score in the first quarter.

Cooper outshined UGA's A.J. Green, the SEC's top receiver, who was held to his worst outing of the season (three catches, 50 yards).

In fact, UF's linebackers made more catches than Green. A.J. Jones tallied two interceptions while Ryan Stamper and Spikes made one each, and Spikes returned his five yards for a touchdown.

"We knew [UGA quarterback Joe Cox] would throw where he was looking, and we just got pressure on him," Jones said. "Our d-line helped us out a lot, so did the blitzes and [defensive coordinator Charlie Strong's] scheme. We were just in the right place at the right time."

The Gators used questions about their offense, defense and ability to make plays in the red zone as fuel, and they appeared to satisfy all criticisms.

The offense had zero turnovers for the first time since the season-opener against Charleston Southern and got 10 points out of two red-zone trips (not counting a kneel-down at UGA's 20-yard line).

Florida scored on six of nine non-kneel-down possessions, made three sacks, forced four turnovers, and kicker Caleb Sturgis added the cherry on top with a 56-yard field goal in the second quarter.

"I think this is the most complete game we have played this year on offense, defense and special teams," Stamper said.

The win will clinch the SEC East for Florida if South Carolina loses to Tennessee.