Take one part Beatles, toss in the sounds of Phish and garnish the mix with a tad of ‘80s rock. What do you get?

The Rooze’s new CD, “The One for Everyone.”

The Gainesville band, consisting of drummer Greg McCracken, guitarist Brandon Cook and singer/bassist David Farb, released its second album last week. The members have been playing roots rock together for more than a year around Gainesville and various cities throughout Florida.

“Our music is pretty danceable and pretty upbeat,” Cook said. “A lot of people tell us it’s not like other music out there, in a good way.”

Cook said that the sound of The Rooze is different than other bands because each band member has different tastes that contribute to the music they play. While Cook listens to rock bands like the Foo Fighters, Farb brings his love for indie music to the table and McCracken’s passion for ‘80s hard rock shines through his heavy drum beats.

“Take all of those [tastes], jumble them together, then take the best parts of each, and that’s what we sound like,” Cook said.

He also said that The Rooze strives to bring live music back to Gainesville hangouts, as more clubbers prefer to listen to DJs these days. The band play at clubs and bars such as Market Street Pub, Common Grounds and the Atlantic.

The Rooze will perform its next show at the Deland Music Festival on Saturday. The festival is the biggest one-day festival in the Southeast with over 100 independent acts playing on 21 different stages, according to its Web site.