Sunday, June 16, 2024

It’s been one week since the earthquake hit Haiti, and people across the campus, country and world are joining together to provide relief for those affected.

The Editorial Board is glad to see that celebrities are joining in the effort too. Instead of buying Patron for their entourages or cars for their mamas, they’re putting the ridiculous sums of money they receive for doing little to no work to good use.

We weren’t surprised to hear Brangelina donated $1 million to Doctors without Borders.

But we were quite pleased when we read George Clooney and Wyclef Jean have stepped up to host Friday’s “Hope for Haiti Now” telethon.

Not to mention the all-star list of musicians who have signed on to perform like Justin Timberlake, Rihanna and Bruce Springsteen (just to name a few).

However, some celebs have more important issues on their minds — namely Taylor Momsen (you know, the really skinny blonde girl who wears too much eye makeup and plays Jenny Humphrey on the CW’s “Gossip Girl”).

During an interview with OK! Magazine, the reporter asked her about her thoughts on the disaster and she replied “Um, right now I’m trying to just finish my record and getting through the last season of ‘Gossip Girl’ for right now. So not so much thinking about that.”

Now, if it were any other issue, the Editorial board would defend “Gossip Girl” to its death (we do make the whole office suffer through watching it every Monday), but not this time.

Momsen needs to get her act together and realize there are more important things than her record, which will most likely result in complete failure anyway. If you’re going to make us suffer through your wannabe rock star performance, at least do it for a good cause.