Sunday, June 16, 2024

And just when you thought our ranting about Sarah Palin was over, the Editorial Board is here to issue you another full serving.

It appears that everyone’s favorite former vice presidential candidate wrote some notes on the palm of her hand when she appeared at the first National Tea Party Convention in Nashville, Tenn., on Saturday.

The Associated Press has a photo of Palin behind the lectern with her hands raised and words visible.

Other photos show the words “energy,” “tax” and “lift American spirits” on her palm.

Now, this doesn’t seem like that big of a deal at first — just about everyone makes notes before speaking at large events — but during her speech, Palin was critical of President Obama, calling him a charismatic guy with a teleprompter.

This sounds to us like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

We certainly don’t care if Palin reads notes off her hands, if Obama reads a speech off a teleprompter or if former President Bush decides to have someone hold up cue cards with pictures to prompt him on what to talk about next, just don’t be critical of something and then do the exact same thing.

Palin needs to get off her high critical horse and realize that in the world of politics it’s OK to use notes.

However, it’s not OK to spout out backhanded compliments about the president and then turn around and do the same thing.