Monday, April 29, 2024

When flipping through music videos, it is difficult to keep your mouth from dropping at the sight of a Pussycat Dolls music video. Whether you are a boy or a girl confronted with the spectacle is irrelevant. The Dolls’ sultry demeanor and flawless stomachs causes most guys to contain themselves in their inseam and turns girls green with envy.

Luckily, Dolls creator and choreographer, Robin Antin, has sympathized with this small feat of ours. Through the release of her “Pussycat Dolls Workout” DVD, she teaches dances that will give women the chance to come one step closer to becoming a Doll in their own sense. The DVD is divided into five parts that make up an hourlong workout of the warm-up, a dance to  “Don’t Cha,” a dance to “Buttons,” a burlesque-style dance, and the cool-down.     

The Start of a Possible Disaster

OK, let’s confront the big pink elephant in the room. Most of us are a bit apprehensive to even think about anything that involves dancing, even if it is in private. However, Antin has formulated her dances in ways that are so easy, even someone with two left feet could perform them.

On another note, you may want to reconsider those gym shorts you were going to do the DVD in. Antin makes her appearance, along with four other PCDs in the making, sporting sparkly, midriff-bearing outfits. So, you may feel more comfortable doing the workout throwing on that stripper Halloween costume sitting in your closet (Don’t act like you don’t have one.) And take that hair tie out. You’ll need to whip around your mane later on to get the full effect.

The Workout

Antin kicks off the warm-up with sexy head rolls along with other stretches that are sure to loosen you up effectively.

Following the warm-up is the “Don’t Cha” dance. The DVD first breaks down the choreography of the dances, and then following adequate practice of the moves, Antin and the girls perform the dance to the PCD music with you.

If you are the conservative type, moves like smacking your “booty” and “biting your finger” may take you a few tries to get comfortable with.

The section dedicated to the “Buttons” dance includes the most challenging choreography but also holds a delightful surprise. After mastering the moves, lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls, Nicole Scherzinger, makes an appearance in the performance portion of the dance.

By now, all the sexiness is out in the open, and by the time you reach the burlesque-style dance, the red in your cheeks should be fading away. During the start of this piece, Antin prompts you to grab a scarf or a tie if you don’t have a boa lying around.

By using the boa, Antin teaches a burlesque routine that is both sexy and fun. After sliding the boa between your legs and lifting it above your head to engage your core, the confident doll in you will be born.

The Final Verdict

Initially one may think this workout is a “pussy” in itself.  But you’ll be sweating by the start of the second song and thoroughly enjoying the process of finding your inner doll. Antin teaches in a style that is easy to understand and motivating without being too military-sergeant-like. You’re guaranteed to feel confident and sexy after shaking your ass and whipping your hair around in the routines. The moves are doable in the smallest of spaces, so your sad little dorm room will work fine.

Oh, and for the guys out there, if you are finding yourself “lonely” in the action department, this DVD contains barely clothed, sexy women doing provocative dance moves. And this may cause fewer viruses on your computer than those porn sites you visit.