The best ways to organize your jewelry

Is your jewelry collection starting to resemble a 13-year-old girl’s bedroom? In anticipation of Valentine’s Day, there’s no time like the present to organize your messy jewelry collection.

While visiting home this weekend, I decided to “shop” through my old dresser drawers. When I opened the very first drawer, I was surprised to find the remainder of my jewelry collection in a big tangled mess. After a bit of investigating, I discovered my sister had claimed my hanging jewelry organizer as her own. The chaotic drawer full of jewelry inspired me to explore new ways to not only organize my jewelry, but to show off the collection as well.

Check out the ideas I found:

Jewelry bust

This great DIY keeps your jewelry organized while creating a piece of art all at the same time. The great part about this project is that it is extremely cheap. However, it is a tad time consuming and can be a bit difficult if you’ve never taken on a project like this before.

My personal favorite version of the jewelry bust is the table top. I love that you can create space to put all of your jewelry—earrings, rings and necklaces! Go ahead and layer on your necklaces and hang up your earrings. All of your friends will be envious of your new piece of art.

Art part II

Another great way to show off and organize your jewels is by creating a frame to show them off. If the jewelry bust isn’t your thing, check out this DIY frame by my favorite local blogger.

All you need is a frame, a piece of lace and a staple gun. This piece of artwork will look so chic, no one will notice how cheap and easy it is to make! You can hang anything from broaches to earrings on your new frame.

Contain yourself

If you’re an organization freak but aren’t exactly the DIY type, the following idea is perfect for you.

Clear boxes and section trays can fit easily into your dresser drawers. The compartments are perfect for organization and since they’re clear, it’s easy to find exactly what you’re searching for. With the containers tucked away in your drawers, this idea is perfect for someone who wants to keep their jewelry out of sight. Check out The Container Store to get organized ASAP.

Have any jewelry organization tips? Send them my way!