Set fashion trends for this spring

Are you suffering from the back-to-school-post-spring-break blues? Are you upset because you worked so hard to get that perfect beach body for spring break and now you have no way to show it off? While you may not be able to don a bikini to class, there are still plenty of ways to show off that hard earned physique.

While spring break may be over, spring weather is just beginning. Take advantage of the current weather conditions while they last and use it to show off your body and spring’s latest fashions.

Spring fashions are all about the leg. The following are my favorite ways to show off those in-shape gams.

Shorts

Shorts have been taken to a new height this spring with the revival of the hot pants. I don’t recommend these to the meek. Frankly, anyone short of Lady Gaga herself might not be able to pull off this extreme look.

Luckily, designers have created shorts that are more suitable for the majority of us. An elegant, preppier version was seen on several spring runway shows from designers such as Tommy Hilfiger, Prada and Louise Goldin.

I would pair these stylish shorts with a simpler top and some killer heels to really accentuate your legs. If you’re a real trendsetter, try wearing a pair of pastel colored shorts or ones that have an exciting pattern. And if you’re feeling really trendy, try a pair of bubble shorts like those by Louise Goldin.

Skirts

Skirts of all shape and form are also on trend. From denim to draping, there is a skirt for everyone.

I’m personally really excited about the revival denim has made. No longer is it only appropriate for jeans, but denim skirts (and even dresses!) are extremely popular right now. Try pairing a denim skirt with a basic white button-up. Complete the look with a great pair of nude strappy heals to elongate your legs.

Another great trend for skirts is the draped look. These skirts look gorgeous in pastel shades. Pair your draped pastel skirt with a basic black or white blouse and a statement necklace and you’ll have a great look that goes from day to night.

Dresses

Dresses are my favorite go-to outfit. Wearing a dress is a no-brainer way to look chic because the outfit is already put together for you.

My two favorite dress trends for spring are florals and the one-shoulder dresses. Both of these are great because you can dress them up or down. As far as florals go, try pairing a feminine, floral dress with a boyfriend blazer, boyfriend cardigan or denim jacket. This will balance out the look and keep it from looking over-the-top girly.

The asymmetrical look of one-shoulder dresses is very flattering for curvier girls. The eye is drawn to the upper body and the shoulders, especially if there is a bit of embellishment at the top. One-shoulder dresses have been seen all over from the runway to the streets. Check out Kim Kardashian in this amazing Phillip Lim one-shoulder dress.

I hope that these stylish suggestions make coming back from break a little more bearable. Enjoy the weather and stay fashionable!