Their signs were more weathered and their crowd has dwindled since the first protest, but the message of protesters was just as strong during their third march Tuesday afternoon.

About 70 UF students and members of the Gainesville community rallied for the third time in response to the March 2 shooting of graduate student Kofi Adu-Brempong by University Police.

Holding up signs and chanting “Whose streets? Our streets,” the protesters took up a lane of traffic on University Avenue as they marched downtown to the State Attorney’s Office.

Two similar protests were held March 16 and April 7, when protesters met with the UF administration and the University Police Department.

Dave Schneider, one of the event’s organizers, said the group had the same goals as the first two protests, but they also wanted State Attorney Bill Cervone to release the Florida Department of Law Enforcement’s investigation immediately.

However, when protesters arrived at the office, Spencer Mann, spokesman for the State Attorney’s Office, greeted marchers instead of Cervone, who was in Tallahassee.

After about 15 minutes of answering questions, Mann made plans to meet the group at noon today on the Plaza of Americas.