Come November, UF's Student Government may challenge the drinking ordinance currently affecting 101 Cantina and The Swamp Restaurant.

Seven senators representing both the Student Alliance party and the Unite Party met in the Reitz Union on Tuesday evening to discuss taking action against the ordinance.

Most of the discussion was done by Senate Minority Leader Jon Ossip, who stressed the need for action as opposed to simply passing a non-binding resolution.

The senators agreed to try to repeal the ordinance via ballot petition in the November city elections.

Ossip said he is confident they can obtain the necessary signatures to get the measure on the ballot.

"In terms of Student Government, we've collected thousands of petitions for the Student Government ballots," he said. "There were over 5,700 signatures collected toward online voting. If you can get 5,700 signatures for something that only affects SG, I think we can get far more signatures for something that affects the entire Student Body."