A bicyclist hit a woman on campus Tuesday morning, sending her to the infirmary.

At about 11:30 a.m., Alfredo Kiernan crashed into the woman while she was crossing the crosswalk between Weimer Hall and the Florida Gymnasium.

“I thought she’d keep walking, but I didn’t stop at the crosswalk,” Kiernan said. “I accidentally hit her.”

Candace Tossas, a telecommunications major who was shooting a video for class, called University Police.

“I looked after this loud smash and saw this girl with blood dripping from her mouth and screaming, so I called police right away,” Tossas said. “I wasn’t 100 percent sure what happened, it was such a shock.”

The woman was face down in the road and screaming while the cyclist tried to help her up.

UPD Capt. Jeff Holcomb said a police report was not filed, and the woman did not press charges.

“I hate to say it, but these things are considered minor incidents,” Holcomb said.  “Although, if I was hit by a bike, it definitely wouldn’t be a minor incident.”

The young woman requested to be taken to the infirmary in a police car to avoid paying for an ambulance ride, Holcomb said.