In a heated debate Tuesday night, Student Senators passed a bill that allows only for bills passed by the Senate Judiciary Committee to be heard in Senate meetings.

The bill passed by a majority vote.

Student Alliance party Senator Kevin Kleponis urged senators to vote against the bill and said it would limit the rights of the minority party, as according to it, any bill sent to Senate unfavorably must pass by a two-thirds vote. 

“We might step into a situation where everyone’s voice is in the hands of three people,” he added during public debate.

Senator Severin Walstad, who represents the Unite Party, said he does not think this bill violates the rights of the minority parties in Senate but would lead authors to write better bills.

“We trust the Judiciary Committee to decide whether a bill has merit and constitutionality,” Walstad explained.

Additionally, Senators unanimously awarded $300 to Gators Humans v. Zombies and $1,365 to Coalition of Hispanics Integrating Spanish Speakers through Advocacy and Consent, an organization that strives to integrate the UF immigrant community.