In response to Chris Moody’s Monday letter addressing the seemingly universal engineering student opposition to block tuition, I support block tuition.

I am a senior in the materials science and engineering program, and for the past six fall/spring semesters, I have taken 15 credits or more.

For the majority of those semesters, I was taking 17 to 18 credits, as well as being involved in research within the above-named department.

Although it may seem strange, I also had a large amount of free time.

I don’t know what world people live in when they think 12 credits somehow takes up their entire lives.

For some reason, no one seems to consider the benefits of block tuition for those who want to take more than 15 credits.

Are these people that much of a minority? Certainly not from what I’ve seen.

I know many people who take 15 or more credits and would either be unaffected by block tuition or would benefit from it.

If moving at your own pace through college means signing up for the minimum credits to be considered full time, then your pace is too slow.

Editor's note: This letter refers to this letter.