Everything about Tall Paul’s Brew House is big.

It has massive sliding glass windows and a bar that stretches all the way across the 4,500 square-foot establishment. Its bearded owner, Paul Evans, measures in at 6-foot-7-inches.

The bar, located at 10 SE 2nd Ave, celebrates the large.

Evans hopes to make a big splash this weekend as he hosts Tall Paul’s grand opening Friday and Saturday.

Although the bar has been open for about five weeks, it was not completely furnished.

“We’re not your typical bar,” Evans said. “This is a new take on opening a bar — brewing beer in the bar and having so many options on draft; we really want to raise beer consciousness.”

The bar staff will brew Alligator Pale Ale, making it Gainesville’s second functioning brewery after Swamp Head Brewery at 3140 SW 42nd Way.

The bar offers more than 80 different craft beers, 29 draft beers and a variety of wine.

“It’s a laid back place,” said general manager Jeff Hickey. “We want people to enjoy themselves. The beer they are drinking is being brewed right in front of their eyes. That’s a great experience.”

Evans and Hickey had both worked in the bar industry for years before they decided to go  into business together.

Evans worked as a sales representative for Shipyard Brewery and Hickey worked as a bartender in Gainesville for 17 years.

Tall Paul’s is open from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Saturday and until 11 p.m. Sunday.