The Student Senate unanimously passed the Cabinet Reconstruction Act despite the commotion it caused at last week’s meeting.

The act was passed Tuesday night after adding amendments that kept the Freshman Leadership Council its own entity and not part of the proposed New Student Outreach.

Student Body Vice President Marcus Dixon, a member of the Unite Party, said he was glad the Senate was able to pass the bill with the amendments and that the Student Body could understand how important the FLC is to UF.

“[It’s in the] best interests of the Student Body for next year and the upcoming years,” Dixon said.

Senators also unanimously passed the first reading of the activity and service fee budget for the new year. It will undergo the final vote at next week’s meeting.

The activity and service fees are $13.94 per credit hour for all students at UF.

The fee is used to fund Student Government, RecSports and the Reitz Union.

A resolution also passed honoring UF pharmacy student Tucker McCarty, who died in a car accident Saturday.

His funeral will be held Thursday in St. Augustine.