You don't have to binge and purge five times a day to need help.

UF is now home to the Eating Disorder Recovery Center, the largest formalized group in north Florida geared toward aiding people with eating disorders.

People between 18 and 22 years old are prime candidates for eating disorders, said Kevin Wandler, chief of the center.

The center will have three levels of care: hospital care for severe patients at Shands Vista, partial hospital care where patients go to apartments, and individual treatment from dieticians and psychiatrists for about 10 hours a week, Wandler said.

"[Wandler] is among the top psychiatrists in clinical experience and positive outcomes treating patients with severe eating disorders," said Mark Gold, chairman of UF department of psychiatry.

The center is scheduled to open in early September and will serve the UF community by treating students, faculty and children of faculty.

Prices for treatment have not yet been established.

Wandler said there is a 10-to-1 ratio of women to men who have eating disorders, and more than 10 percent of college females have eating disorders or disordered eating.

If you are interested in treatment from the center, please call 352-265-5481.