Monday, June 17, 2024

No longer reserved for Jager and sake bombs, the realm of beer cocktails has expanded to include a variety of mixtures and is a great way to incorporate your favorite brew into your next night of barhopping.

Just remember to drink responsibly — this can be a quick path to destruction.

If you're in need of inspiration, look no further than some of your favorite flavors. Lemonade, cream soda, Dr. Pepper — you can mix almost anything with a good beer and end up with a great tasting concoction to make for your next party. For those new to the trend, check out our list below of easy beginner recipes.

Hop Skip

• 12 ounces vodka

• 12 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate

• 24 ounces beer (preferably a lager)

Thaw the lemonade concentrate and dump it into a pitcher. Fill the empty lemonade can with vodka and pour into pitcher. Pour in beers. Add ice and mix.

Black & Tan

• 1 part Bass Pale Ale

• 1 part Guinness Stout

Fill a mug half full with Bass. Next pour Guinness over a spoon slowly until glass is full. If done correctly the Guinness will stay on top and the Bass on bottom, creating a punch of a balanced drink.

Dr. Pepper

• 1/2 mug beer

• 1/2 mug Coca-Cola®

• 1 ounce amaretto almond liqueur

Pour beer into a pint glass. Add coke. Add amaretto separately to a shot glass. Drop the shot glass into the pint glass and drink immediately.

Crème de Spooge

• 1 Part Beer

• 1 Part Cream Soda

Mix half a beer with half a cream soda.

Grand Gold Margarita Mix

• 12 ounces Jose Cuervo® margarita mix

• 6 ounces Jose Cuervo® 1800 tequila

• 3 ounces Grand Marnier® orange liqueur

• 3 ounces Cointreau® orange liqueur

• 1 bottle Corona® Extra lager

• ice cubes

Pour the margarita mix, tequila, Cointreau, Grand Marnier and beer into a blender.

For frozen margaritas, fill the blender with ice cubes and blend until the ice is crushed. (For margaritas on the rocks, use less ice and blend until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.) The beer will create a frothy texture for the margarita.

Dip the rim of the margarita glass in lime juice and then salt the rim with margarita salt.

Follow @Beer_4Breakfast on Twitter.

Posts in Beer for Breakfast appear on Thursdays.