Members of the Student Senate's election codes revisions committee refined their proposed changes at meeting Sunday afternoon.

The Senators met for about an hour to revise some of the proposed changes and keep some rules committee members had recommended be removed.

If Senate approves the final changes at Tuesday's meeting, UF's Supervisor of Elections must present a contingency plan to Senate. The Supervisor of Elections must also list the buildings closest to voting locations in the event that an unforeseen error occurs at one of the locations.

However, if the changes pass, polling locations would not have to be posted in residence halls. The Supervisor of Elections would have to post them in three separate and accessible places or forums, including the Student Government website.

Students would vote from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. on voting days, a half-hour shift later, although results would still be announced by midnight after the second day of elections.

Supervisor of Elections Toni Megna said if there are errors with the electronic voting system, SG already has approval to hold elections for potential runoff dates, so the voting could be rescheduled for then.

SG spring elections are scheduled for Feb. 21 and Feb. 22.