UF engineering students will showcase their talents with the 61st annual E-Week.

Each day through Feb. 27 will feature at least one event, according to the E-Week website.

James O'Connell, executive director of E-Week and a 19-year-old environmental engineering sophomore, said non-engineering students are invited to the events, all of which are free. He expects about 2,250 people to attend.

Freshman Leadership Engineering Council will host a Wii tournament in the New Physics Building at 7 p.m. today, the first of 15 events during E-Week 2012.

The largest event is E-Fair, which will be held Tuesday and Thursday in the Reitz Union Grand Ballroom. It will offer interactive booths and feature engineering exhibits such as a flight simulator, robots and liquid nitrogen-chilled ice cream.

"Every kid wants to be an astronaut, firefighter or scientist," said Michael Andrews, Benton Engineering Council President and 22-year-old mechanical and aerospace engineering senior.

The Field Day Extravaganza will run Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the North Lawn.

He said all of UF's 35 engineering organizations are participating. UF Student Government provides about $14,000 for the week, and the overall event costs about $16,000, he said.