Grammy-nominated artist to perform at Civic Media Center

Grammy-nominated artist Seth Glier is coming to Gainesville on March 9.

Glier, a 22-year-old pianist, singer and songwriter, will perform at 8 p.m. at the Civic Media Center, 433 S Main St.

Glier’s album, “The Next Right Thing,” was nominated for Best Engineered Album in the 2011 Grammy awards.

MPress Records, Glier’s record label, added Gainesville as a tour stop to fill in gaps between shows, said James Schmidt, event coordinator. The label has worked with the Civic Media Center before.

Ryan Hommel, Glier’s longtime collaborator and best friend, co-produced the album. Hommel will also be at the show.

“The Next Right Thing,” includes acoustic guitar and piano.

Tickets for the show can be purchased for $8 in advance at Wild Iris Books or Hyde & Zeke Records or for $10 at the door.

There will be at least 50 tickets available in advance, and attendance will be capped at about 100, Schmidt said.

Glier will get a cut of ticket sales, with the remainder going to fund the CMC.

Schmidt said he’s looking forward to the show next week.

“We’re excited to get someone who’s received the accolades and widespread recognition that Seth has already received at the age of 22,” he said.