UF junior Rebecca Harris died Wednesday night from injuries she sustained after being hit by a car while riding her bicycle June 23.

Shands at UF spokesman Andrew Ragsdale confirmed that Harris died at the hospital Wednesday night.

As Harris, 20, crossed Southwest 16th Avenue at about 12:50 a.m. She was struck by a white sedan that continued eastbound.

When police found the car, it was abandoned.

Jessica Paige Becerra, a 22-year old UF alumna, was driving the car, according to Gainesville Police. She was arrested on a felony charge of hit and run resulting in an injury.

Harris was taken to Shands at UF and treated for two broken legs, a broken arm and severe head trauma, according to Alligator archives.

Harris was a member of Theta Alpha, a Christian sorority, and friends filled her Facebook page with messages showing their support and, later, their grief.

Harris’ family will hold two memorials. The service in Gainesville will be at 11 a.m. July 28 at First Assembly of God, 2925 NW 39th Ave. There will also be a service in her hometown in Orlando at 1 p.m. Aug. 4 at Summit Church, 735 Herndon Ave.

Sisters of the Sea, a nonprofit female surfing organization, is holding a memorial paddle-out Sunday starting at the St. Augustine Pier, 350 A1A Beach Boulevard.

Contact Benjamin S. Brasch at bbrasch@alligator.org and Clare Lennon at clennon@alligator.org.