Just days after first lady Michelle Obama spoke on campus, Josh Romney, son of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, is coming to UF.

Josh Romney will be speaking at 6 p.m. Friday in Room 270 of Weil Hall. He’s planning to rally grassroots Mitt Romney supporters, said Katy Melchiorre, chairwoman of the UF College Republicans.

The candidate’s son will be speaking about Romney’s platform and will give a perspective on Mitt Romney not many people have the opportunity to encounter, Melchiorre said.

“I’m just glad to hear from someone that is so close to Mitt Romney,” she said. “We know his stance on political issues. He’ll be able to comment on other aspects of his father.”

The Romney campaign headquarters in Boston contacted the UF College Republicans to arrange the visit, Melchiorre said.

Student Government External Affairs director Billy Vranish hopes students from both sides will attend the event.

“If you know you’re going to vote one way in November,” he said, “that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t know what’s going on on either side.”

Vranish predicts many political speakers will come to UF.

“We are the flagship university in a battleground state,” he said. “We’re going to get a lot of political activity.”