Spooky sounds will come from Century Tower tonight at 9 p.m. when the UF Carillon Studio performs its first-ever Halloween-themed concert.

Audience members who gather at the tower’s base can watch a video screen to look inside the studio and watch the musicians as they play 10 pieces.

Laura Ellis, associate professor of music at UF and carillon instructor, said the show will begin with political science senior John Hendley performing “Hear the wild alarum bells — brazen bells” by Robert Kleinschmidt.

The tune should be recognized, because it’s played frequently, Ellis said. She said she chose the piece to open the show because it is “loud and lambaste.”

While titles like “Toccata in D minor” and “Danse Macabre” might not ring a bell for most audience members, the tunes most likely will — they’re commonly in horror movie soundtracks.

There’s one piece no one will recognize, because it has never been performed before.

Public relations senior Harold A. Rocha, 22, will perform “Fantasia on ‘Dies irae,’” which he composed. Tonight, he’ll play it as a duet with Ellis.

“It’s a fantasy,” Rocha said. “The piece doesn’t have a structure, so it evolves organically.”