UF students and Gainesville residents who ride the bus will have to find another way to get around town Monday.

All of the 92 Regional Transit System buses will be closed in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, said RTS spokesman Chip Skinner.

“That’s part of our union negotiation, so Martin Luther King Day is one of those holidays where we shut down the whole service,” he said.

Diyonne McGraw, vice president of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission of Florida, said the King Celebration Annual Commemorative March on Monday is expected to leave from Bo Diddley Plaza, travel east on University Avenue and continue on Waldo Road to the MLK Multi-Purpose Center, 1028 NE 14th St.

Skinner said traffic will be halted as the parade marches to the center.

“The closures will be moving as the parade does,” he said. “Expect closures from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.”

RTS services will resume normal bus service Tuesday. McGraw said people who rely on the bus system can catch a ride Monday.

“We have about 10 churches that offer shuttles,” she said. “People can park at the MLK [Multi-]Purpose Center at 9 a.m. to go Downtown.”