Theresa Duffy is a 62-year-old woman who doesn’t take any medication and rarely gets sick. She said she hasn’t sat in a doctor’s office in seven years.

What’s her secret?

Duffy is a certified ThetaHealer at the Sacred Earth Center.

Located at 1029 NW 23rd Ave., the center held its June Mini Healing and Psychic Fair on Saturday.

This interfaith church and healing center provides training for spiritual healers and ministers. It also offers psychic readings, healings, massage therapy and acupuncture. The cost ranges from about $20 to $40 depending on service and time limit.

Duffy sat in her room Saturday afternoon next to a nightstand with a plaque that read “We create our tomorrows by what we dream today,” which was fitting because ThetaHealings deal with the subconscious.

“It’s the most fascinating thing I’ve ever done in my life,” Duffy said.

ThetaHealing is done from a theta brainwave state. She said she doesn’t need to touch her clients while conducting the healing, which means it can be done over the phone or through Skype.

In her sessions, Duffy and the client decide if they are going to change a belief system or release an emotion. If Duffy and the client agree on releasing anger, for example, she asks the client: “Do I have your permission to have the creator of all that is release all anger from all of your bodies and replace it with divine love for your highest and best good on all levels?”

The client usually responds by saying “yes,” and then shuts his or her eyes and finds center within. Duffy also shuts her eyes and goes into a theta brainwave state. While in this state, Duffy shakes, coughs and gags.

When Duffy and the client open their eyes, the client says if he or she felt any changes. She said some clients feel changes in energy, feel more relaxed, see colors or hear voices. Duffy said she does this repeatedly, wherever the spirits guide her, until she feels the session is over.

She said after the session, her clients look like they just came from a massage. She described their faces as “beautiful and sweet.”

“They’re transformed,” she said. “Their bodies are relaxed. Their attitudes are relaxed. Their faces are relaxed.”

Duffy said she enjoys seeing people’s lives altered after her services — whether it’s alleviating a woman’s pain from scoliosis or helping someone move on in life.

Like Duffy, Maria Minno also enjoys helping people through her work at the Sacred Earth Center. The 58-year-old specializes in psychic analysis. She includes nutritional therapy and herbs into her practices.

For Minno, the center is a haven for people who have psychic abilities.

When she started working at the center, she said it felt good to find a place where she belonged.

“This is a really good, safe place for people who like to talk about and practice these things that aren’t generally accepted,” she said.