A Gainesville man was arrested Tuesday after threatening a lawn crew and an officer with a samurai sword.

Rishiraj Rajan Job, 34, was drinking inside his apartment in the 4200 block of Southwest 22nd Lane while the crew worked in his yard, according to a GPD report released Wednesday.

Job walked out the front door yelling and wielding a samurai sword like a baseball bat at shoulder height. When he approached the two workers, Placido Espinosa-Rangel and Arago Leroyj Welch, they dropped their equipment and ran away from the area, according to the report.

When police arrived, Job had gone back inside his apartment. He answered the door holding the sword over his shoulder, and, according to the report, he yelled, “Come get me!” The officer pointed a gun at him and ordered him to drop the sword.

Job was arrested at about 2:30 p.m. and charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill. He was booked into the Alachua County Jail, where he remained as of press time with bond set at $50,000.

GPD spokesman Officer Ben Tobias wrote in an email that it appeared Job had been drinking beer and using synthetic cannabis.

Job had four samurai swords and several large knives, Tobias wrote, which were taken as precaution with Job’s consent.

A version of this story ran on page 1 on 9/26/2013 under the headline "Man threatens with samurai sword"