A Newberry woman was arrested early Monday after she chased her boyfriend and his ex-girlfriend to a gas station and threw food items at them.

Marqusia Antwanette Ross, 23, was arguing with Demeatrice Desean Holmes, her boyfriend of two years, because he wanted to leave the house to go play cards, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest report. He locked the door of the house, and she smashed a couple of the windows.

Holmes called his ex-girlfriend Destiny Carter to come pick him up, and the two left in a gray Nissan, according to the report.

Ross got into her green Honda and started driving after them, and she brought her two children along. She pursued the Nissan from the La Crosse area through Alachua and onto I-75 South, according to the report.

Holmes and Carter stopped off at the Kangaroo gas station, located at 9303 NW 39th Ave., to call police. When Ross chased them inside on foot carrying one of her children, they ran behind the Subway sandwich counter, according to the report.

Ross grabbed bags of chips and a metal can opener and threw them at Holmes and Carter, according to the report. Holmes then went outside the store, and Ross followed, throwing a plastic bottle full of soda at him.

Deputies arrested her on charges of child abuse without great harm and assault with intent to commit a felony. She was taken to the Alachua County Jail, and she was later released.

A version of this story ran on page 4 on 9/17/2013 under the headline "Newberry woman throws chips at boyfriend"