Each Thursday, the Avenue will dish out the best in entertainment. From the silver screen to hidden Internet gems, check out this week’s top picks.

Watch It: “Spring Breakers”

Sure, it’s a throwback, but what better way to celebrate Spring Break than with James Franco in cornrows? For those of you who don’t know, “Spring Breakers” is about best friends who vacation in Florida and get mixed in with the wrong crowd. With so many one-liners and drunken nudity, “Spring Breakers” will eventually reach cult classic status.

Click It: Mercury, the two-legged kitten

Having a crummy day? We suggest you watch some footage of Mercury, the adorable kitty who unfortunately lost his two front legs in a weed-whacker accident. If Mercury can make it through the day, you can push through your three-hour biology block. Like an adorable feline T-Rex, you can’t watch this cat without letting out an “awww.” Grumpy Cat might have some cuteness competition. He’s not thrilled about it.

See It: Tennessee Queer

After spending some time in New York City, out-and-proud Jason Potts returns to his southern hometown where nothing has changed for LGBT teens. Wanting to help, Jason is put in charge of the first gay pride parade in his Tennessee town. But a scheming conservative city councilman and minister have different plans. It sounds like an updated version of “Footloose,” which has definitely sparked our interest. Called a quirky comedy, “Tennessee Queer” will be at the Hippodrome Cinema from Sunday to March 8. Filmmaker Mark Goshorn Jones will be in Gainesville on Monday and Tuesday for a Q-and-A session at the theater.

Hear It: Lee Boys

Blending R&B and gospel with a little bit of hip-hop, rock and country, The Lee Boys will be playing at The JAM on Friday. The band has made the rounds to several music festivals, including Bonnaroo, but you might recognize them from their performance on “Late Night with Conan O’Brien.” Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door. The show starts at 8 p.m.

[A version of this story ran on page 10 on 2/27/2014 under the headline "Fresh Picked"]