<p class="p1">Kelsey Roessler, a 21-year-old UF accounting junior, performs Wednesday on Turlington Plaza with a capella group the Sedoctaves. </p>

Kelsey Roessler, a 21-year-old UF accounting junior, performs Wednesday on Turlington Plaza with a capella group the Sedoctaves. 

For the second year in a row, voices from across the state will sing sans instruments at UF for the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella 2014 Tournament.

The competition will be held Saturday at noon at the Curtis M. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets can be purchased at the UFPA box office for $10 or online.

The event is the ICCA South Quarterfinal No. 4, which is traditionally scheduled at a university central to the participating groups.

Spencer Jordan, a 19-year-old UF family, youth and community sciences and English sophomore, is a part of No Southern Accent, the a cappella group at UF that is hosting the event.

“We really, really enjoy having the home-field advantage, which doesn’t really mean too much in a cappella,” Jordan said. “It just means that your friends and family get to be in the audience more so than if we went to Georgia.”

No Southern Accent hosted the competition last year when it sold out University Auditorium, which is why it was moved to the Phillips Center.

A cappella groups from UF, the University of Miami, the University of Central Florida, Florida State University and Nova Southeastern University will be included in the lineup.

Alexa Gedigian, a 22-year-old UF public relations senior, will be competing at the ICCA for the second time.

Gedigian is the business manager for the Sedoctaves, the all-female a capella group at UF, which hasn’t competed since 2011.

Tone Def, a new a cappella group at UF, will also be competing at the ICCA.

“There’s definitely a UF camaraderie there, but we also have a competitive spirit about it,” Jordan said. “Competition breeds excellence.”

[A version of this story ran on page 3 on 2/13/2014 under the headline "A capella semi-finals coming"]