<p class="p1">Jon Adcock, the director of UF Student Legal Services, speaks to the Student Senate on Tuesday evening about the free legal services they offer students. He said he mostly deals with landlord-tenant cases.</p>

Jon Adcock, the director of UF Student Legal Services, speaks to the Student Senate on Tuesday evening about the free legal services they offer students. He said he mostly deals with landlord-tenant cases.

The Tuesday night Student Senate meeting had yet another colorful start as new senators participated in their last orientation of the term.

After reviewing a fake chocolate chip pancake resolution, senators practiced writing their own fake resolutions in groups. The topics ranged from supporting “faciness” on campus to condemning neckties.

After the orientation ended, Senate moved swiftly through the agenda, unanimously passing a resolution and a bill and approving two committee seat recommendations within the first eight minutes of the meeting.

The bill, SB 2014-1023, provided about $600 to the Mayor’s Council Live Concert Under the Stars.

Resolution SB 2014-1024 reflected the Senate’s support of recognizing March as Women’s History Month.

Sen. Jessica Sullivan announced during public debate that due to a previously approved resolution, free printing will now be extended to students in Hume Hall, Lakeside Complex and Springs Complex.

During the meeting, Director of UF Student Legal Services Jon Adcock spoke to Senate and presented about the kinds of free services the division offers.

Adcock said he mostly deals with landlord-tenant cases, but his office also aids students in negotiations, consultations and legal research.

“I’d put our lawyers up against any law firm in this town,” he said. “One of the things we focus on is how to help students before they get in trouble.”

[A version of this story ran on page 5 on 3/26/2014 under the headline "Free printing extended to three areas"]