William S. Reeser will now manage UF’s $2.7 billion investment portfolio as the new chief investment officer of UF’s investment corporation.

Reeser, who previously managed investments for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, will begin as the chief officer on Nov. 10.

The corporation may face changes, said Janine Sikes, speaking on behalf of UF Investment Corporation.

“From my understanding and talking to Andrew Banks, the board chairman, the corporation is constantly re-evaluating their investments,” she said.

Reeser will be managing UF’s money management group, which includes the University of Florida Foundation, the University of Florida Research Foundation and the University Athletic Association to name a few.

Reeser was the senior vice president and chief investment officer for the American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities (ALSAC) which is the exclusive fundraising organization of St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.

“Bill Reeser is a highly seasoned CIO who brings a wealth of experience and a keen eye for successful investments to UFICO,” said Banks, UFICO chair, in a UF press release. “We are fortunate to have him lead UFICO’s talented and dedicated team of investment professionals.”

Reeser has 35 years of financial management experience, according to the press release. He began his own firm, Reeser Advisory Services, before joining ALSAC/St. Jude’s.

“Bill’s exceptional background and his more than three decades of experience in the investment world give me tremendous confidence that he’s the exactly right person for that job,” UF President Bernie Machen said in a press release. 

Reeser, who received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee and his master’s from the University of Memphis, will take over for Edward Kelly, who was named interim CIO in 2013.

Sikes said she cannot disclose Reeser’s salary because of the UF Investment Corporation’s privacy policy.