The foreclosure trial for former Gainesville High standout running back Clinton Portis has been set.

According to documents obtained by the Alligator, Portis will attend a pre-trial conference on Sept. 18 at 10:30 a.m. for the foreclosure of his home in Gainesville, located at 3510 NE 156th Ave.

Following the pre-trial conference, where Portis will reportedly have a final chance to resolve the foreclosure of the property, Portis is due back in court on Oct. 16 at 1 p.m. for a non-jury trial to determine the claim value of the property.

The Alachua County Court set the trial dates on June 12. It is unconfirmed if Portis was able to attend.

"This been ongoing since 2011, 2012," Portis told TMZ. "There's nothing else I can do. My lawyers are currently dealing with this."

Portis told TMZ that he, along with several other NFL players, made a sizable investment into a casino venture that ultimately went bankrupt. Portis has reportedly sued a former financial adviser for persuading athletes, including Portis, to invest in the venture. 

"At the time I was the biggest name and had the deepest pockets," Portis told TMZ. "Now, they're trying to hold me solely responsible for what was a bad business deal involving a lot of different people.

"I'm still eating. Look at my Instagram. I'm not starving. I'm gaining weight. I'm doing fine. I'll be okay."

The foreclosure trial is the latest in a series of financial difficulties surrounding Portis.

According to documents, Portis failed to pay $401,432.18 in individual income taxes in 2006, when Portis was in his third season with the Redskins. He also failed to pay $57,187.61 in individual income taxes in 2010, according to the documents.

Portis also owes $287,178.56 to MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, according to court testimony obtained by the Alligator.

A star at the University of Miami, Portis was selected in the second round of the 2002 NFL draft by the Denver Broncos before he was traded to Washington Redskins for cornerback Champ Bailey and a second-round draft pick in the 2004 draft.

He played nine seasons in the NFL before announcing his retirement in 2012 at the age of 29.

Despite apparent financial difficulties, Portis’ only known form of current employment is at speaking engagements and autograph signings, where he is represented by Ryan Totka of Athlete Promotions in Windemere. Portis has also appeared as an analyst for the ACC Digital Network. 

According to The Palm Beach Post, Portis was among several current and former NFL players who enrolled in Miami's Executive MBA for Artists and Athletes program. 

Follow Graham Hall on Twitter @Graham311