Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Gainesville Police arrested a local student Saturday afternoon after she reportedly used a rock and a liquor bottle as weapons.

At about 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Alexis Bouie, 18, reportedly followed a group of people to one of their apartments after a confrontation, according to a police report.

She led her own group through the apartment’s metal gate and up to the front door, where a woman’s mother stood in the doorway, according to the report.

Bouie pushed into the apartment with her group and grabbed a nearby liquor bottle before throwing it across the room, according to the report.

The bottle shattered against a wall after almost hitting the mother, who told police she feared for her life, according to the report.

Police later found a medium-sized rock outside a window near the entrance, which Bouie threw either before entering or after leaving the apartment, according to the report.

Altogether, Bouie caused $500 in damages to the apartment.

A woman identified Bouie by name, and the mother pointed to her image on a six-photo lineup.

Bouie later told police she was at the apartment after the other group started a brawl — reportedly armed with a bat at one point.

She also said the window broke when someone pushed her into it, according to the report.

Bouie is listed as a student at 2802 NE 8th Ave., which is the address for Horizon Center Alternative School.

Police arrested Bouie on charges of aggravated assault, burglary and property damage.

Authorities took her to the Alachua County Jail where, as of press time, she remains in lieu of a $6,000 bond.

Contact Giuseppe Sabella at gsabella@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @gsabella