Gators in the NFL: Reed leads Redskins’ rally while Jags soar in London

<p>Rookie tight end Jordan Reed catches a touchdown pass against the Chicago Bears in Landover, Md., on Sunday.</p>

Rookie tight end Jordan Reed catches a touchdown pass against the Chicago Bears in Landover, Md., on Sunday.

Gators in the NFL returns for Week 7 and features a last-minute go-ahead touchdown catch, a successful outing by a former UF coach and a pair of forced fumbles from two ex-Gators.

Rally in Washington: Down by six points with 28 seconds remaining, Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins looked for his favorite red zone target: Jordan Reed.

Reed’s 6-yard reception capped the Redskins’ 24-point comeback against Tampa Bay on Sunday, one in which Reed recorded a game-high 11 receptions for 72 yards and two touchdowns.

The former UF tight end is currently second among NFL tight ends with 35 receptions, averaging 10 yards per catch.

Reed’s teammate and former UF running back Matt Jones received the bulk of the carries for Washington, gaining 29 yards on nine touches.

For the Buccaneers, receiver Louis Murphy caught one pass for 29 yards in Tampa Bay’s 31-30 loss.

But the team announced Monday that Murphy would miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL suffered against the Redskins.

Quinn continues to win: Coach Dan Quinn’s Atlanta Falcons got back to their winning ways on Sunday after a 31-21 Thursday night loss at New Orleans last week.

The Falcons defeated Tennessee 10-7 and limited the Titans to 256 total yards — 77 rushing and 179 passing.

Quinn’s defense also ranks second in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game (78.6).

The Falcons (6-1) are off to their best start since 2012 and have already equaled the number of wins they recorded all of last season.

Defense: Jacksonville free safety Josh Evans led all former Gators with five tackles and one pass defense in the Jaguars 34-31 win over Buffalo on Sunday morning in London.

Both linebacker Jelani Jenkins (Miami) and defensive tackle Jaye Howard (Kansas City) each logged three tackles and forced a fumble in their team’s victories on Sunday.

Defensive end Jeremy Mincey (Dallas) came off the bench to deflect a pass and record a quarterback hurry in the Cowboys’ loss to the New York Giants, and linebacker Neiron Ball tallied two tackles for Oakland in its 37-29 win over San Diego.

Kicker: Caleb Sturgis connected on three of his four field goal attempts for Philadelphia on Sunday night, including a season-long 52-yarder, and hit one extra point. The Eagles lost to Carolina 27-16.

O-line: Center Jonotthan Harrison (Indianapolis), center Mike Pouncey (Miami) and tackle Marcus Gilbert (Pittsburgh) all played in over 50 percent of their teams’ offensive plays.

Injuries/Inactives: Percy Harvin was listed as inactive for Buffalo due to injuries to his hip and knee.

After suffering a concussion against Baltimore in Week 5, Cleveland cornerback Joe Haden was also listed as inactive for the second straight week.

Defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd (ankle) and defensive end Justin Trattou (foot) were both listed as inactive for Minnesota.

Follow Ian Cohen on Twitter @icohenb